Las Vegas Raiders fans never shy away from making their opinions known on social media. Most recently, we posed a question regarding what the organization should do with the 22nd overall pick.
The Silver and Black can go many different routes when it comes to April’s NFL draft. Several Raiders mock drafts have the team going offensive line, specifically a right tackle, or wide receiver. Considering the gaping holes in those two positions, going either direction makes a lot of sense.
People have to remember the questionable draft choices made by the previous Raiders regime, especially when it came to first-round picks. Can we really blame fans that strongly want their team to go the simple route, aka “best player available?”
We decided to give Raider Nation a chance to weigh in on the matter. As always, fans never disappoint on Twitter, as we recently posed the question.
What did Raiders fans have to say?
- Best talent available but I’m hoping for WR, DT/DE, or OT. It would be a shame to have to draft another OT in the 1st round but Leatherwood’s struggles and being moved inside to OG could make it a necessity unless it’s addressed in FA. — Just Raiders Baby! (@TXRaidersFan) February 9, 2022
- Chris Olave without a doubt. In my opinion he’s the best receiver in this entire draft. He’s the Justin Jefferson of this draft and they play very similar. Watch how that do catches a ball and runs routes and tell me you don’t fall in love. — Creed Lewis (@creedix5001) February 9, 2022
- Treylon Burks- WR from Arkansas!!!! — Chris Watson (@RaiderChris24) February 9, 2022
- The @Raiders should trade down, but since they’re hosting the Draft, they’ll most likely use that 22nd pick. And hopefully, take the best player on the board. — r8ders2k (@r8ders2k) February 9, 2022
- I would like to see a Ziegler sign a veteran guard and tackle in FA and resign Hayward Jr., if possible, too. Then, draft the best DT, OT, WR, or CB on the board at 22. So, it depends but Robinson would be a nice pickup… — German Vargas (@gvargas22) February 10, 2022
As you can see, Raider Nation is fired up about what to do with the 22nd overall pick. What do you think? Should the Raiders keep it simple and go wide receiver?
*Top Photo: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports