Oakland Raiders’ brass was a popular bunch in Indy the last couple of days. Jon Gruden returned to the spotlight with his first NFL combine experience as a coach in a decade. While Reggie McKenzie had his son, Kahlil, on display as a defensive tackle prospect out of Tennessee.
Raiders’ intel finally got to meet with several draftees during the weekend according to 247 Sports. Here’s a list of names that met with the Silver & Black.
- Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (Combine)
- Geron Christian, OT, Louisville (Combine)
- Austin Corbett, OT/OG/C, Nevada (Combine)
- Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (Combine)
- Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (East/West Game)
- Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M (Combine)
- Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (Combine)
- Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (Combine)
- Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame (Combine)
- Bilal Nichols, DT/3-4 DE, Delaware (East/West Game)
- Linden Stephens, CB, Cincinnati (East/West Game)
- Vita Vea, DT/3-4 DE/NT, Washington (Combine)
- Damon Webb, S, Ohio State (East/West Game)
- Connor Williams, OT, Texas (Combine)
- Marcus Davenport DE, UTSA was another prospect met at the Senior Bowl
From the likes and sounds of it, Oakland is doing their due diligence at conceivably building up both lines of the ball. After all, that is where championships are built. We’ll know more once free agency starts in earnest next week.
No franchise tag was placed on any current Raider either, which leaves even more uncertainty heading into the frenzy of March. Trades and signings have been rumored galore. From Mo Wilkerson to Dion Lewis and even Gerald McCoy, the names and deals will be rolling in fast and furiously. Safety Erik Harris was tendered, while the unfortunate failure that is Aldon Smith was finally released.
Things are just heating up and all of Raider Nation could not be more dialed in on the excitement that is coming. Until next time, Ramble On, Raider Nation.
3 thoughts on “Raiders 2018 NFL Combine Headlines And Such”
I like how much difference I’ve seen among predictive draft scenarios this year. There is a lot of value Linebackers Offensive and Defensive Lineman. We really should be able to shore up some holes. I really hope Conley and Melifonwu are ready to bring it this year.
Looks like Vita Vea might be the first pick of the Raiders.