What this Las Vegas Raiders team is doing to the fanbase is honestly quite sickening. At the exact moment they could conceivably make themselves a legitimate postseason contender, they embarrass themselves in grand fashion.
This has happened multiple times though, so it isn’t really surprising. First, it was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Then the Atlanta Falcons, and now this Indianapolis Colts loss were all games that could’ve catapulted the Silver and Black into contention. Alas, only pain remains.
The Raiders summarized in one sentence
“Philip Rivers is the Raiders’ Daddy”
Rivers’ proficiency in child-making is well known, he’s given birth to nine children. However, he had 11 more in Week 14, whoever the Raiders threw out on defense. The Las Vegas defense forced just one punt. Rivers went for the easiest 244 yards of his life while also posting a 118.8 passer rating.
Name the game
“The Jon Taylor Experience”
Jon Taylor made the Raiders’ defense look like one of those lower Big Ten teams he used to run through for years at Wisconsin. Taylor had a career-high 150 yards and longest career carry (62 yards) while also recording his first multi-rushing touchdown performance. Essentially, if he got to play Paul Guenther and his goonies every week, he’d be the next Emmitt Smith.
Stat of the game
Raiders’ defense- zero sacks and one hit
Cardinals’ defense- eight sacks
Unsurprisingly, the Raiders are still abiding by COVID regulations and maintaining a six-foot perimeter from opposing quarterbacks at all time. Credit to them for being vigilant in their war against the virus. Nevertheless, this is getting increasingly frustrating during the game.
Especially so, if you consider the fact that the Raiders let former defensive line coach Brenston Buckner go before the season to bring in Old Man Rod Marinelli, who got the boot down in Jerry’s World. Buckner moved on to Arizona, where his defensive line played a major role in the team’s eight sacks today. The Raiders managed just a single quarterback hit, shoutout Arden Key for that.
Same story, different week. It wasn’t his fault the team lost. However, Raider Nation gets frustrated he isn’t like a Russell Wilson or a Patty Mahomes and can win a game with minimal help. Carr needs more help than that quarterback tier to win a game. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a good signal-caller, he just isn’t in the highest echelon and never will be. In terms of Week 14, he played better than his stat line. The first interception was a great defensive play and the second was a garbage time deflection that went through both of Jalen Richard’s hands. His QBR was a very solid 74.5.
Good and bad news
The Raiders have a quick turnaround and play Thursday. So, we won’t have to sit on this for a full week.
They have to win out to make the playoffs. Also, this team is very clearly regressing, so that seems very unlikely. Fire up the 2021 mock drafts.
Random thoughts about the Raiders
- Defensive end Carl Nassib got $7.5 million guaranteed this season to be a healthy scratch.
- Quarterback Marcus Mariota got $7.5 million this season to hold a clipboard and give high-fives.
- He did move to third in the NFL today with 409 completed high-fives this season.
- Johnathan Abram commits unnecessary penalties at a serial rate.
- He also has the coverage skills of Ryan Gosling in “Remember the Titans”.
- He is a less reliable Karl Joesph with 600 mg of caffeine in his system.
- Wide receiver Zay Jones has completed more passes as a Raider than Marcus Mariota.
- Running back Josh Jacobs’ sophomore campaign has been very disappointing.
- Hasn’t shown improvement in the receiving game and has lost a yard on his YPC.
- Linebacker Cory Littleton was paid roughly 730K (pre-tax) for the Week 14 contest. He had two more tackles than most Raider Ramble readers.
- Wide receiver Hunter Renfrow has about 150 more receiving yards than Rico Gafford with Clout (Henry Ruggs III).
- It feels like Ruggs’ career path could follow Agholor’s.
- From a production standpoint.
- Head coach Gruden getting 100 million to have a Jeff Fisher-type winning record.
- Cornerback Nevin Lawson on another highlight tape, imagine that.
- He gets Moss’d on a weekly basis.
- Whatever Erik Harris’ Madden rating is, lower it now.
Apology of the Week
Dear Raiders’ social media admin,
This is going to be a rough week. I know myself personally, I’ve got like three or four memes fired up ready to Tweet at you. Also, why do you tweet the final score when we lose? I mean you have to know we are going to go berserk.
P.S. Thank you for firing Paul Guenther.
One prediction about the Raiders for next week
The Raiders will beat the Chargers in a close one. This will set up a high-pressure matchup with Tua Tagovailoa and the Miami Dolphins. More on that next week.
You May Also Like: Fans Spoke Into Existence Raiders DC Paul Guenther Getting Fired
Top Photo: Isaac Brakken/Associated Press